May 21, 2013

Angela ~ St Nicholas is Completed!


I really did not expect Nicholas to be completed this quickly.
But here he is!  
I'm very pleased with how the halo turned out and will work next of framing him to hang.  I have a 'few' frames laying around, a hazard of being a professional picture framer for quite a few years.  Hopefully one will fit him.

I have plans to add my name and the year to it once I have a frame chosen and can see where i have space for  a signature.  So next week I should have him hanging on the wall, at least that's the plan.

St Nicholas Day is celebrated on December 6th in the Eastern church and children put out their shoes for him to fill with treats.

There's a bit more of his story on my blog in case anyone is interested.

8 comments:

Cyra said...

Wooohoooo! It's finished. And wonderful too.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really wonderful. Something to cherish.

ladyhawthorne said...

Thanks, ladies. I've got some other things to take care of this week and a 4 day weekend coming up so you should see it in a frame next week.

Debra Spincic said...

You are the UFO Rock Star!!

ladyhawthorne said...

Ha ha! I am so very glad we decided to do UFOs this year, it makes me feel really good to have things getting finished. Now if I could only clone myself or put more days into the week I could really make some progress on other stuff too! I did can up 26 pints of carrots this past weekend, 16 pounds I got for $2. Not much else was accomplished though.

Suztats said...

This is beautiful Angela! The halo is perfect and St Nicholas will be wonderful hanging on your wall.

Judy S. said...

25 pints of carrots and this wonderful finish? Wow!

ladyhawthorne said...

I hadn't planned to can carrots but when i find a good price like that I can't afford to turn it down as it saves so much in the long run.