May 7, 2013

And Now For Something a Little Different

The first week of May has sped by with me doing a lot of things, but none of them involved my CQJP2013 project. Instead, today, I'm posting the first two of my Redwork Hexagon Embroideries.
These hexagons are two inches on a side, and provide a nice bit of space for embroidery.

My plan is to alternate an original design with someone else's cute garden-related design. So far, I'm at fail on that. Here are my first two original designs, however. Next Monday, there will be a third one. The red hexes are already basted for it.

Some people are doing this as a SAL with me. I think I'm going to have to subscribe to Mr. Linky again.


10 comments:

Suztats said...

Oh, I like these, Susan. Love the red and white scheme. How big are your hexies? The center designs are so cute!

ladyhawthorne said...

The red & white are very cheery! Does it really matter where the embroidery design comes from? As long as you like it.

Debra Spincic said...

One of my favorite color schemes!

cq4fun said...

Thanks! They are two inch sides, so it takes about 4.5" squares to cut out the hexagons. Top to bottom is about 10.5" and straight across the middle where it's indented is about 8".

cq4fun said...

Except that it's a SAL and I promised an original one every two weeks, it doesn't matter at all. On my off week, I'm sharing places where people can find some inspiration. I have a lot of other people's designs I want to do, I just haven't managed to do one yet. =)

Barbara C said...

I love rework. This is a nice way to feature the stitched motifs.

Pat in KS said...

I love your Redwork and the Hexies are so cute! Can I ask a dumb question.....what is SAL?


Pat

cq4fun said...

Stitch Along. Or sometimes Sew Along, but definitely Stitch for us! Not a dumb question. =)

cq4fun said...

Thanks for all your kind comments! I'm really enjoying the project, and my May block is now sewn and ready to embellish.

Cyra said...

Bold and dramatic. Lovely embroidery designs too. You're a natural.