April 9, 2013

Suz:- Wrapping Cloth and CQJP

Stitching has continued on my wrapping cloth pieces, and, after a class where Karen taught us how to do cutwork, I revisited piece #1 to make a little addition:






titivated with tatting












so piece #1 now looks finished, I think










Piece #2
rows of buttonhole stitch on a base of three threads created 'collars' that rolled back onto themselves, so seed beads were added to the final row

It seemed to create a sleeveless midriff blouse with a beaded lace collar and a beaded skirt!  How funny!














 a little cross-stitch and applique
more applique



















cutwork with tatted titivations



















wrapping cloth piece #2 progress

There's more cutwork and applique on the way  and lots more stitching planned for the seam treatments, too!

What fun!







CQJP- April Block

My naked block
























      a lace rose
















lace and French knots













add a little bit of seam embellishing, and April looks like this:




The snow is melting, and last night's rain helped speed the process, but now the driveway is wet, soft, and boggy. Every spring, sink holes appear during the thaw, then seem to fill back in once all the wet has drained. It means we're not able to drive on the driveway for a while: good thing I have lots of fun stitching to keep me occupied!

Hope you're having fun, too

14 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Titivating? I think I better google that!

I still see lots of unadored white spaces!

Lovely, just lovely!

Debra Spincic said...

Ah, Brit-speak, no wonder I hadn't heard it.

ladyhawthorne said...

You need to watch more BBC!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love love love the tatted additions and the peachy lace rose goes nicely next to the rose fabric..

Suztats said...

well, hey, give me time Debra.....just time, and those unadorned spaces will be smaller...... ;-D

Judy S. said...

Love those perfect touches of color! BTW, little collars like that are in vogue at the moment(and the spring magazine also)!

Suztats said...

Thank you-I have lots of fun making them. I can just picture a whole piece adorned with row on row of them......overkill, though, right? hmmmmnnnn

Suztats said...

I'm au courant with fashion?! This has got to be a first!! Ha! ( my personal testing reports: not fashion conscious)
i think those colour peeks really perk up the white.

Stiching4fun said...

WOW!!! Love your April block that will be gorgeous when you are finish.

Love the "tatting" I am trying to learn this art but not making a lot of progress so many distractions at this time in my life.

Anxiously waiting to see more.

Pat

desertskyquilts said...

I do like the April block progress. What kind of pen do you use to mark? The cut work is very interesting. I know so little about tatting. Is titivations a technical tatting term, or something you made up?

Suztats said...

Thanks Pat.If you're needle tatting, let me know if I can help, okay?

Suztats said...

You mean the red dots on the April block? I'm using a micron pen.
Titivations is a real word, but it's a descriptive one unrelated to tatting. It means to spruce up, or pretty up,and is one of Karen Ruane's words.

Carol-Ann said...

Truly magnificent, a great work of art. Tatting to die for!

Cy said...

Love your tatting titivations. (As an Englishwoman I already know that word, lol)
Those little sneaky glimpses of colour showing through your wrapping cloths are gorgeous. I do so love those cloths.