April 2, 2013

Suz--CQJP and WIP

 Naked CQJP April Block
 
I'm looking forward to embellishing this block! I love to embellish seams






















 my wrapping cloth has progressed, and piece #1 is completed
This is my favourite section where the looong bullions extending from the lace piece on the right, to the piece on the left, and anchored with French knots
more FK's trail along the side and bottom of the lace....











I stuffed more FK's into one of the prairie points

and bullioned my way around the gathered elbow dart
and this is the completed piece










Wrapping Cloth
Piece #2

I made my first rouleau loops and intertwined them for a different look
 added some lace over part of my wild fabric



 another flowery lace with row 1 of a cast-on stitch chain border



















Piece #2:
 My second piece is ready for more stitching.









Thanks for looking.
Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I am glad you enjoy this work and share it with us. Just lovely!

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra! Had another lesson today and I've learned some new techniques to add! Yay!

Debra Spincic said...

My guess is that you already know quite a few of the stitches (bullions, FK, cast on) from TAST but now you are working them to an extreme level.

Cy said...

Gorgeous.........gorgeous....yes, and more gorgeous. Love the interesting way you have used your rouleau loops.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy! Today I learned applique and cutwork. I haven;t done either before, but, I'm looking forward to using them now.

Suztats said...

I had a smattering of stitches from eons ago, so they were a little rusty, and TAST has been a great resource for new stitches. My thought is to keep the variety of stitches to a minimum for a cohesive look on all the different pieces for my wrapping cloth.So, I shall probably be using them to extreme.

Debra Spincic said...

I'll be watching for those techniques--always pretty and feminine.

cq4fun said...

Wow, your wrapping cloths and the stitches give me a whole new perspective on embroidery stitching! Love your April block. "I stuffed more FK's into one of the prairie points." I loved that terminology! And the picture looks like it's been "stuffed!"

Suztats said...

Thanks. As you can see, I'm having super fun stitching! Yay!

Judy S. said...

So pretty, Suz! And I'm glad you're adding some color to your wrapping cloth. I sure wish I could see it up close to marvel at all your wonderful stitching. Love the roses on your latest CQJP block as well.