April 16, 2013

Suz- April Block and Cloth #2 Update

It's been a stitchy week, but I've only made a little progress on my April block:
playing with various ideas


two bars are wrapped, with another set begun
buttonhole chain stitch with a double row of the buttonhole








 and April looks like this.
It's a good thing I have 2 more weeks to finish this block.......


















Wrapping Cloth Piece #2 Collage

I added a 'bumpy bit' with tatted titivations
tatted some trim to run along the cross-stitched area
 began embellishing the appliques
 


 added buttonhole chain stitch as well as other seam embellishments

















added another cutwork circle and trimmed it with cast-on stitch chains which carried along the seam
 and piece #2 is finished!



I've already begun piece #3!
What fun!

Hope you've been having stitchy fun, too!

Hugs from Suz









 

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

This is the perfect type of project for your talents. I really like the bits of bright colors peeping out-much better than all white, IMHO.

Good gig, girl!

Cy said...

Bright 'pops' of colour, lots of texture, tatting titivation, multiple stitch developments, freestanding parts..... what's not to love about this cloth.

Judy S. said...

You have done a lot of stitching this past week, Suz, and it's all beautiful! What weight thread are you using for the white stitches? It shows up so well. Nice work!

Suztats said...

I think those bits of colour make the white pop even more. Thanks.

Suztats said...

I'm in love with it for sure!

Suztats said...

Judy, for the tatted bits, I've used DMC cotton perle 12.
For the rest of the stitching: DMC cotton A broder No 16-20 Karen recommends this thread and size and I had to online order it (from Hedgehog Handworks) as I could not find it anywhere. The stitches really do show up better with this type/size of thread.It's easy to use, too, and comes in a pile of colours....

Stiching4fun said...

Wow this is really fantastic! Love Your work. Lots of stitching this week you will be thru in no tome!

cq4fun said...

The April seam is really interesting. I love the chain stitch with just a french knot under it. I also liked what I could see of your buttonhole chain stitch. I went looking and found one on Stitch Play on Mary Corbet's site, and I'll play with that somewhere, but it isn't like yours. Wonderful variety in your pictured stitching bits.