April 16, 2013

Susan: CQJP April Progress

Here are the seams done so far: First one is copied almost exactly from Ati in Norway, only hers was delicate pinks and greens, and curvier somehow, and only embellished on one side.

 

Second was copied from two different seams, slightly different take on it, and I don't know who either of them were, but mine is yet a third way to do it.

 

 The third one is only half done. I cropped out the part with the needle stuck in it. This one was also copied from someone, but the photo was a long time ago, and they only had the DSC_number on the photo. It's also turning out a little different, of course!

  

Now here's the whole block and you see the shameful part-finished seam.

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I like how the "arrows" point to the feature patch. Not sure if you planned that but it looks great.

Suztats said...

I really like the blue and red seam treatment! There's something quite appealing about the shapes.

Judy S. said...

My first thought upon seeing the first embellished triangle by itself was, wow, that would make a pretty shawl if it were a whole lot bigger. Love this block, Susan. This is going to be an amazing quilt!

Cy said...

Love the two zig-zag seams on the left, and how the yellow one echoes the yellow/gold fabric on the right of the block.
I like this - I like this a lot.

Stiching4fun said...

Susan, I really like your seam treatments, doing a great job!

cq4fun said...

Thanks so much for all your encouragement. My brain is not functioning today, so it will wait until tomorrow for more!