April 30, 2013

May Block and WIP


May Block: naked

with a tiny trim



and waiting for some embellishment

















Work on my wrapping cloth piece #3 continues with a half-cutwork circle, and lots of bullion knots.....
I also added a buttonhole lace pocket with a frilled edge.......
it's positioned between the prairie point and a strip of my favourite lace......

under the lace I added some of my wild cloth to show the pretty lace pattern
a closer look
the prairie point is overflowing with French knots, and it's sides are tied back with bullions


sort of looks like a jacket's lapels I think
I stuffed in a bit of fabric to show the pocket
I've pinned piece #4 and created a Chinese knot wannabe

it wants to be round and tight and full

but it's just a flat rouleau loop with visions of grandeur....lol

the road was too soft, and so I couldn't go shopping for the rope.........
Piece # 4 all ready for tacking. I'll be working on this while piece #3 is being damp-stretched.


That's all for now. I have a houseguest, so I shan't be online very much.

Have a great stitchy week!

Hugs from Suz















6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

More great work from you fingers! I recognize a few familiar tidbits!

ladyhawthorne said...

The naked block is another lovely piece.
The little pocket is adorable! And I love love love those french knots spilling out everywhere.

desertskyquilts said...

Love the naked block. These are such pretty blocks for this year's project. The stitching on your wrapping is beautiful.

Cyra said...

All very lovely Suz. You know I'm impressed with the whitework you do, and today is no exception. I'm still collecting bits of white everything, ready for when I get some of my 'other' projects completed and out of my hair. Then I shall enjoy doing some whitework too.

Suztats said...

Thanks Ladies.

Suztats said...

I am totally addicted to the white cloths! Searching for new and loved fabrics to use in making the white cloths is just the appetizer....... what fun! Hope you've had lots of luck finding treasures to use, Cy.