April 30, 2013

Discoveries ~


It's finished but just as I completed the last stitch, I noticed a little spot outside the vine  at an angle to the l that's a flaw in the fabric, almost a tiny slit.  Do you think I can put some very light weight iron-on facing behind it, or should I redo the whole thing?  (I did rip out the vine after all.)


And then in perusing all of the supposedly finished designs, look what I noticed!  Somehow I stopped part way on "believe".  It shouldn't take long, but it was a surprise.

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Fray Check is my best friend.

Suztats said...

I read that fray check has a tendency to yellow and become stiff over time. Just sharing.

Suztats said...

Looking good, Judy! These are such sweet designs.

ladyhawthorne said...

I'd try the iron facing if it will not show through, or just do the whole square if it won't make it look a different color than the rest.
I have thought I was done with something and found there was more hiding and waiting too! Glad I'm not the only one.

desertskyquilts said...

Since it's a wallhanging and won't be receiving a lot of washing and wear, I think the facing will do just fine. The blocks are so pretty, and how funny to find a partially completed block!

Cyra said...

Iron on interfacing would be my choice.
Believe is only half believing, lol.

Judy S. said...

Tee Hee!

Judy S. said...

I found a really nice sashing fabric last week, too.