April 9, 2013

Debra: Snowflake Wallhanging--WIP

I finally took the red Snowflake wallhanging off my design wall so I could move on to other ideas.  The nagging truth is that I am not going to handstitch lots of textural stitches all over it.  Once I admitted that to myself, I felt a lot better about the project.

Very shortly (like hopefully next week) I'll have some pieces ready to go under the longarm needle.  The background panels will be sewn together & machine quilted.  Then, I'll sit in the evening and handstitch on the doilies.

This is the only realistic way this wallhanging will get finished in my lifetime. 

6 comments:

cq4fun said...

That sounds like a good solution. If it wasn't exciting you, move on. Are you going to quilt in red or white?

Debra Spincic said...

Hmmm, I haven't thought that far in advance! The white would go with the swirling snowflakes. I am thinking of a simple freeform swirling line for the quilting.

ladyhawthorne said...

Go for the white thread so it will look like snowflake trails!

Suztats said...

Sounds like a plan. The white for the swirling snowflakes?-fabulous!

Judy S. said...

Oh well, it's spring anyhow and time to move on to the flower stuff!

Cy said...

Onwards and upwards (or floating downwards if we are talking about the snowflakes, lol)