April 2, 2013

Cy ~ Round and Round I go


I've been going round and round in circles this week, and this is what I have achieved........



All the above will be going on my Crazy Mandala Quilt.

I've also been working on a UFO. A lacy crochet tunic that I started making in Nov 2011. I think it got put on the back burner when I heard about the Crazy Quilt Journal Project (CQJP).

This pic is the beginning of a front piece before I started working on it. This week I have finished the two front panels and I'm about a quarter of the way up the back.


Tony and I are off on another adventure tomorrow, and we'll be gone for 6-8 days, so I'll probably not be around for a post here next week.
We are going to the Art Deco centre of New Zealand.... Napier, and the surrounding countryside of the Hawkes Bay area, which just happens to be the heart of NZ wine country too.
I have a feeling we are about to have a good adventure.
I'm sure I will get totally absorbed (not just with the wine) and inspired by the creative era of Art Deco.
Hopefully I will have a few tales to tell you on my return.
Watch this space.


Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Such a great scrap happy project. Shame on you for making us wait 2 weeks to see a block made! But you are worth the wait.

Suztats said...

Nice circles, Cy. It's the same embroidery stitch you used on your mummies, isn't it? Loving your crochet tunic--so lacy with little sparks of colour! Hope you have a wonderful adventure!

Cy said...

I might make some 'stuff' while I'm away and will post (late) when I get home. I'm expecting some quality hubby time, quality scenery (mountains and/or beaches), quality evening stitching time, and quality wine time....what else are evenings for?

Cy said...

Thanks Suz. Yes it's the same stitch on these circles. Continuity for the quilt. These go in the middle space of the other shapes. Not sure what is happening on the outside yet. Will decide that when the middle is all finished.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Have fun on your trip. We had neighbors a few years ago - the husband was from New Zealand. Best neighbors we ever had. This quilt project is very interesting - I'm enjoying its progress.

cq4fun said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip. I'm dying to know where those circles will fit into the mandala! Love the lacy pattern you are crocheting. Is it in a pattern book? It would be a perfect stitch for some lace yarn I bought not knowing how *very* thin it is!

Judy S. said...

Your mandala is going to be fabulous! I love the cheery colors. Your tunic yarn is wonderful, too. Have a great trip. It sounds fun!

Stiching4fun said...

CY...I have to agree with the others....love your work! Love the crochet too!!!

Wish you lots of luck on your trip & sure hope its better than mine......It went down the same day we started....lots of car problems.



Pat



Cy said...

Thank you Deborah, we're back home now and had a wonderful time.

Cy said...

These circles will be in the centre of the quilt.
The stitch used in my crochet piece has three different names that I know of...... Lovers Knot, Solomon's Knot, & Fishermans Knot (or Net).

Cy said...

Thanks. Great fun was had by all, especially at the winery!

Cy said...

Sorry your trip wasn't what it was meant to be Pat. Better luck next time.
In the end we didn't come straight home as planned. We stopped at another motel somewhere else and had "a-bit-more-fun" there. It's great to be 'our own boss' and not worry about needing to be anywhere in particular.