April 23, 2013

Cy ~ Let Me Tell You A Story


 CQJP 2013 Mandala Quilt Update 


Sub-titled - - Let Me Tell You A Story


So this is how the story starts.
Centre-Circle wants to dress up to go to a party.
So Centre-Circle asks for a smart black suit, 
and Centre-Circle gets a smart black 'suit'.


But then the others started getting very jealous because Centre-Circle looks so smart in his new black suit.
The others think that they look 'under-dressed' compared to him.


So they beg for a smart black suit each 
.....and, one-by-one they get 'dressed' up in their smart black suits too.


And happiness, once again, started to return to the Circles.


Until, eventually, laughter overtook them all, and the dancing began.


And the Party of the Circles was THE  place to be.



Happy Stitching


Let.................
 the 'party' jokes, and 'circle' jokes, and 'dancing' jokes 
                            begin........................


.

20 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Beautiful! No joke!

Debra Spincic said...

At first, I am like, is she nuts? And then, I am like, yea, but in a good way! Those black rings around the circles really are the best solutions.

cq4fun said...

I won't be party to the joking. ;) The black looks great! So in the sequel, do the jars demand black suits, too?

Cy said...

Thanks Deborah.

Debra Spincic said...

@Susan: groan. But, in the best possible way.

Cy said...

Nuts! Definitely, yes.
"Experimentation" and "Playtime" introduces new dilemmas at every turn.
You'd have thought that by now I should have learnt the lesson about adding things that are 'way too much' time and energy gobblers. But, no, I keep on keeping on......

Cy said...

Well.....actually Susan.....the 'mummies' have suggested, just perhaps, the faithful "little black dress" number would be nice, although one of them did ask for a tutu!!!!

I think I have just lost the plot as well as my mind.

Cy said...

The Circles have been invited to a 'square-dance' next week. That should be fun! Or not.

Debra Spincic said...

I used to square dance a lot and some of those prints would be right at home on a dance floor!

Debra Spincic said...

You would have thought . . .

Suztats said...

ROFLMAO (and you know, given the size of my A, I wish it was possible....lol) Love the black suits. Maybe the mummies should have little black scarves, or a black tassle.....

ladyhawthorne said...

What fun! I love stories like this, you are so creative!

Those black suits really make the circles pop so I don't blame the mummies for being a bit jealous.

I friend that does clogging, maybe the circles could join in.

Cy said...

I knew we had more in common than just stitching Debra, lol. I used to square dance a bit too.

Cy said...

Nope Suz, 'the mummies' have demanded the little black dress, so 'the mummies' will get the little black dress. But your suggestion of of a black tassle has been duly noted by one of 'the mummies' and the cogs are whirring round and round on that idea (omg, did I just say that!)

Cy said...

Clog-dancing........now there's an idea.... =>)

Debra Spincic said...

Not really a good one . . . .

and the tassels? what kind of dancing might you have in mind with those?

Cy said...

Exactly the kind of dancing that you are thinking about right now Debra.......

Judy S. said...

I knew the mummies would protest. Can't wait till next week to see what happens next!

Debra Spincic said...

that's what I was afraid of !

Barbara C said...

Wow, that pop of black really makes those circles spin! What a dramatic addition.