April 9, 2013

Angela ~ Busy Week

It's been a busy week but none of it involving sewing.  I took a few days to go visit my parents and friends and it was totally lovely and relaxing...until I had to drive home in the rain, about half of the 7 hours.
For those that wanted to see my amaryllis, if you look close you will see the brownish bud on the second stalk.  Maybe I will get to see this one in bloom!
I have 2 custom orders for saint's pendants this week but hopefully I will have time to get a bit of embroidery in so I can post a photo next Tuesday.  I miss sewing, it's very relaxing.

9 comments:

cq4fun said...

Spring is really here! Thanks for the photo - I saw 1 plus parts of two others. One bud only had about 3 little flowers on the stem! Now I'm waiting for the tulips. 7 of them are budding.

ladyhawthorne said...

Tulips we don't have here, it does not get cold enough for them. But narcissus and amaryllis naturalize in the garden so I think it's a good trade.

Suztats said...

Hope you get to see that amaryllis!
i don't plant tulips here- if they're not eaten by the groundhogs, then the squirrels feast on them, but they don't like daffs. Mine should be blooming in about a month or so........

Judy S. said...

Just keep the kids and deer away; it definitely is a bud! What is that sweet little yellow flower? It looks like a vine that I love but have trouble finding.

ladyhawthorne said...

It's a black-eyed susan vine. I planted seeds 11 years ago to grow up the trellis over my stairs and it makes seeds and grows back every year...except always in different places.

Suztats said...

I love black-eyed susan vine and would grow it every year (too cold here to be a perennial) but haven't been able to find it since we moved to our new location.

Stiching4fun said...

I love your beautiful flowers an vines!

I am praying that the last minute ice storm we got early this morning won't kill my newly planted shrubs. Time will tell.

Pat

Carol-Ann said...

Looking forward to seeing the bud burst open.

Cy said...

Sounds like you've had a rather good week Angela.