March 24, 2013

Sunday Tutorial: 3D Embroidery (Couching)

Repin Crafts
 
I first saw this on Pinterest and followed the link to a "repin" blog (bad form doing that!) and then noticed it is from our friend, Mary Corbet at needlenthread.com.
I looked through Mary's website and couldn't find the source easily or quickly.
 
Anyway, I thought this was a very clever idea.  It has Cy's name written all over it!
 
If you try this, Suz (!), let us see!

A reader (Thank you Mary Ruth!)  offered more information on this stitch.  Apparently this picture is just one step in a much more involved stitch.  But, as it is now, it would still be a fun couching idea!

Here is the full link.

6 comments:

Suztats said...

oh, I will! I do like couching, and follow Mary. I like her choice of thread......

Debra Spincic said...

I could see this idea outlining some blocks or meandering along a trail for the eye to follow. It's going in my Stitch Stash.

mary ruth in NC said...

The picture comes from this page on casalguidi from Mary Corbet's site:

http://www.needlenthread.com/2012/03/stitch-play-casalguidi-stitch.html

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you, Mary Ruth!

I could not reply to you personally because your address is "No Reply".

Cy said...

Yes, Debra, definitely MY style. I have been following Mary's stitching and tute's for quite a while now. She is one of my idols. I particularly love her braided and raised stitching.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I'm going to use this technique for the stems on my applique blocks.