March 19, 2013

Patricia Beads and Lace /Open Cretan Feather

I had some fine butterfly lace that I enhanced with Pearls around my Mom's picture.  I started doing some Open Cretan Feather stitch on one seam planned to add some Daisy or French Knots with this seam.
I am thining of using the purple heart and flowers in the lower right hand area maybe adding something like French knots sorta like a flower garden.
I was using my cell camera and I missjudeged and lost the top part of the picture.
I am sorry I don't do well with taking pictures, have tried trying to crop them .....havn't mastered that yet either.


thanks for looking

Pat G.

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I really like that pearl frame, very lovely. Your 'garden' plan sounds wonderful as well.

Debra Spincic said...

The fabric where you have pinned the heart is so lovely, why not let it shine without any embellishments? I am sure the heart and flowers would be pretty under your mother's cameo or on a plain fabric section.

Suztats said...

I like the pearls around your mother's picture. Nice delicate fabrics.
It looks to me as though the dark heart is fighting with the picture. It feels a little heavy for the delicate fabric, but perhaps that's just how it looks in the photo, and it's lighter in real?

Stiching4fun said...

Yes it is lighter in real tends to go darker when you take a photo.
Thanks for your comments.

Cy said...

I agree with Debra that the heart is overpowering that beautiful fabric. If you put it on the plain fabric under your mums photo, it would look more coordinated there and even enhance the pic of your mum and make it a feature.
The flower garden idea sounds wonderful.

cq4fun said...

I LOVE what you did around your mom's photo. I also like the idea of a garden, and look forward to seeing what you do with the cretan stitch. I hardly ever use it, because I don't like it, but I see pretty seams other people do. I just have no desire to do them. LOL

Judy S. said...

I, too, love what you did to frame your mom's photo. It will be fun to see how this progresses.