March 3, 2013

Judy's CQ Attempt

Sunbonnet Sue has been handed over to a quilting friend who will work her magic on it in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, our quilt group decided to make a heart quilt for a member who's having some health issues. This past week I was housebound with a cold and had some unexpected stitching time and was able to finish my two contributions.  The center fabric will be used for the quilt borders.   I also got a good start on my Sandy Hook heart and hope to finish it during the coming week; then I can get back to work on my UFO pile.

 

You probably already know this trick, but I faced each of the hearts with a very light weight Pellon which gave me a finished edge that was easy to stitch.


It was fun to try my hand at a bit of CQ again.  Since my quilting friend is an accomplished embroiderer, I thought she'd like it.  Hope you all weren't too shocked!  Have a great week!

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Watch out! I see a CQer about to be born! Pretty hearts, Judy!

Cy said...

Wow, great job Judy. Love the way you 'held down' the trim in both hearts - detached chains on the 'points' in the first pic, and herringbone and French knots in the second pic. Just love that detail.
Hope you are rested and recovered from that nasty cold bug now.

ladyhawthorne said...

They are just beautiful and the edge stitching is so neat and even.

Suztats said...

Judy, your hearts are beautiful! I love them!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Suz!

Judy S. said...

Thanks; the evenness was just luck!

Judy S. said...

The bug is just about gone, but it was a great excuse to sit and stitch!

Judy S. said...

I still have a tough time choosing fabrics and then piecing them. Thanks for the kind words!

Stiching4fun said...

Judy your hearts are beautiful! Nice work.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Pat.

cq4fun said...

Very neat, even stitching. I really like the squiggle flowers on the light blue on the right on the top heart. =) Things like that always appeal to me. =

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan. I even tried the feather stitch! LOL