March 4, 2013

Deborah: CQ2013


I don't know what is going on with my camera but it's working fine today. 
Here's the center panel . I intensified the colors just a bit since the photo came out a little lighter than they actually are.  This is just a little darker that the real thing.

This square is 24" which will allow me to put three 8" CQ blocks on each side, and I'll use the other four applique blocks on the corners.

I'm pleased with this.

I'm slow, but I get there. 

One of my colleagues suggested I hang my crazy quilt in my office during the month of March, since it is a tribute to a group of women, and March is Women's History Month. I'm not sure how I feel about that, although I can lock my office when I'm not there. 

13 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I'm not sure I would hang my CQ in my office. On the other hand, who would want a CQ of someone else's relatives? (to steal)

This year's piece and last year's piece are letting you show your inner feminine side. Good for you!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I'm very hesitant...there are cleaning crews that come in but they are (supposedly) supervised by county property management and also, supposedly, do not go into locked offices.

Debra Spincic said...

If you are unsure, you are better off leaving it at home.

Cy said...

The only way I'd hang the quilt in the office is behind safety/security glass and bolted to the wall.

Happy to see the photo above Deborah. It's looking good =)
For the CQ blocks I wouldn't use any fabric that is darker than this border you have around the middle panel.

ladyhawthorne said...

Beautiful! I would be hesitant to take it to the office as well.

Judy S. said...

Count me in with the hesitant group. It's irreplaceable! Nice work on your center panel; I'm so glad you moved the baskets. It'll be interesting to see what you decide to do with the rest of it. Hard decisions those borders, at least for me.

Deb said...

The outer border complements the other four applique blocks nicely so I will keep the CQ blocks in that color range.

Deb said...

Borders are hard decisions. As for the block placement, surely I didn't do that deliberately, all those many years ago.

Debra Spincic said...

I try not to beat myself up (or wince) about prior decisions. I go with the assumption that I did the best I could with the knowledge I had at the time.

Suztats said...

That's all we can do, isn't it? Our best effort.

Suztats said...

This looks great, Deborah! With the blocks trimmed (down and up..lol) the border looks great, and brings out all the warm tones in your blocks.
I'm not sure I'd risk hanging the quilt in a public place.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

After such a long time (heck, after a week) I can't remember why I did what I did. I often have those "what was I thinking" moments -- about A LOT of things. To quote someone famous, at this point what difference does it make? :-)

Debra Spincic said...

:-)) I hear you!