March 4, 2013

Deborah - CQ progress

Sorry I can't post pictures at the moment - camera problems. I had this issue last fall, took my camera in for repairs and they were unable to find anything wrong. Just like your car, it worked fine when they had it!

I will have to describe what I did this week. I used what I had left of the striped fabric that I put between the center applique blocks as a border around all four. Then I used the rose colored fabric as a second border.  I'll take a picture with my phone later when I have time. I love the way it turned out so I'm anxious to post a picture here. I'm still hitting a brick wall with the CQ blocks.

We had snow flurries on Saturday -- not enough to cause a run on milk and bread -- but it was pretty cold and windy - for us. Some of you in cold climates will chuckle. I'm looking forward to next week and the sewing expo. Some years have been better than others, particularly the quilts but I usually manage to find something to spend money on! Vogue Fabrics is always there and they have good bargains. I wish I could post a photo of the beautiful fabric I got from Gorgeous Fabrics which had a huge sale just a few days ago.

I will definitely try & get a photo of the CQ up later today.

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Sounds like the striped fabric is giving the central panel a very feminine feel.

Way back in the day my girlfriend and I would take the train into Chicago and head straight for Vogue Fabrics and their clearance tables. Those were the good ole days when fabric was still $1.95 on clearance! And, I probably have a piece or two in my stash still. Ha! Ha!!

Cy said...

I'll have to put my 'be patient' hat on and wait for your photos.

cq4fun said...

The expo sounds like great fun. Hope you get your camera fixed soon, or can get another one.

Suztats said...

i've never been to a sewing expo, but I'm sure you'll have a great time. I shall look forward to seeing your pics. In the meanwhile, I'm digging out from the last week's snow--another 18"!! I thought we were going to have an early spring?! Just wait until I see that groundhog! lol

Judy S. said...

Hope you get those photos soon as I'm anxious to see what you've done. Have fun at the Expo!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

My camera must be haunted. It's working fine tonight. This exact thing happened last fall, just before my trip. I took it into be fixed and they said nothing was wrong.... (cue Twilight Zone theme) ;-)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Suz, usually a few flakes fall down here and all the bread & milk disappear from the grocery stores. However, I spent a year in Alaska, so I have experience "real" snow. It's fun for awhile but pretty messy when it starts to thaw. As someone I met once who lived in Tallahassee, Florida said, "you don't have to shovel humidity."

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Photo is up now, camera apparently haunted (or something.)

cq4fun said...

And the Arizona version is you don't have to shovel sunshine. I haven't had NEARLY enough sunshine here in Tennessee!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Managed to get a photo up just now.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Ah the good old days...

Cy said...

My son has just told me that we (New Zealand) have just had the hottest and driest summer on record. And it hasn't finished yet. Urgently need a good rainfall or two here on the farm.