March 10, 2013

Cy ~ Three Minimal Crazy Blocks


Another week has come and gone. 

My Embroidered Chance project has progressed just a little bit, but I forgot to take photos, sorry.

I have also been working on the crazy quilt 'mummy' shapes.

I will not keep you in suspenders  suspense any longer on this project.

After ripping out all the hand stitching that I did on two blocks because they were rather

over embellished 

for my liking, 

and I really wanted minimal, 

here is what I have done to them this week,

and a third block for good measure.





This is more what I had in mind, lol.

Let the fabrics and the colour do the feature thing,

not the stitches.

Happy Stitching



p.s.  Just in case any of you are 'eagle-eyed' perfectionists and notice the seam that I missed stitching the machine embroidery onto, I have since stitched the 'offending' seam after taking this photo.

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I don't even think you need the machine stitching on these blocks. They are colorful and joyful as they are presented!

Judy S. said...

I love the way you pieced these, Cy, and the colorfulness, too. What will you do with them? I am picturing an interestingly-shaped Dresden Plate kind of thing....
Isn't it weird how the camera picks up things that your eye doesn't see?

ladyhawthorne said...

I still liked your first go round the best but I see your vision for minimal as well. I love the vibrant rainbow play of color in the fabrics.

Suztats said...

your minimalist seam embellishing really lets the colours of your 'mummies' shine. I'm enjoying their bright, playful look.( so out of place with mummies...lol!) All the fabrics go together well.

Stiching4fun said...

I have to agree with Suz I like the minimalist seam embellishing, love the colors!

Cy said...

Yes, I agree Debra, I was in two minds about it. But I'm not going to 'un-sew' any more haha.

Cy said...

Thanks Judy, yes these will be arranged in a circle, as in a stained glass rose window.

Cy said...

Thanks Angela, I've been craving some bright colours in my life, and this is what appeared, lol.

Cy said...

Thanks Suz. "Playful", yes, I like that description, lol.

Cy said...

Thanks Pat, this is the 'new' colourful me for this year.

Debra Spincic said...

Is being in 2 minds better than being out of your mind?

(just asking because well, like, man, I wouldn't know!)

cq4fun said...

These look very nice. I'll enjoy seeing that rose circle of all of them.