March 26, 2013

Cy ~ 12 Crazy Mummies


Haha, don't you just love that title.
It conjures up a lovely scene in my head..... and talking of heads (crazy ones mind you) ... I 'walked' into a tree today, head first. 

Ok, straight into stitch talk now.

Here are my 12 Crazy Quilt blocks in the Mummy shapes.


There are more photos of this on my blog    




Done and dusted......(no I haven't been doing any more housework).

I have just decided.......after seeing the photos here (above)...... and as I have not used the traditional black fabric for the background (traditional for stained Rose window quilts)......

..... this quilt is from now on going to be called my 
 Crazy Mandala Quilt
You know I love Mandala's...... and now I KNOW where this quilt is going.

Isn't it a great feeling when creative projects start to evolve of their own accord.

Happy Stitching

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Yes, I think it is fun to get out of the way and let the project do the talking!

Now I will hop over and see the rest of your crazy mummy pics!

Suztats said...

I love that title! I used to know a few crazy mommies.....lol
It's great when the flicker of an idea turns into a full-out roar. That's one of the things I like about the surface embroidery...even though it takes a long time....is that ideas can jell while in the works......all your mummies look wonderful and I'm looking forward to the mandala

ladyhawthorne said...

Hmmm, I can see a whole story behind that title. Love the mummies, so colorful, can't wait to see what comes next with your mandala. I love mandalas.

cq4fun said...

I'll be going to your blog, hoping to see some close-ups. I love the way it looks. You did a great job with spacing. It reminds me of a sunflower. Ouch on your head! I hope you don't have a big headache.

Judy S. said...

Fun and so colorful! I never would have guessed a window from the first few photos; I thought dolls. What a great surprise! Can't wait to see your mandala progress.

Carol-Ann said...

What a colourful crazy daisy! Looking forward to your mandalas.