March 10, 2013

Another Heart~~~


It's finished and ready to mail off. Hurrah! A while back Suz posted about Leslie Ehrlich's Sandy Hook Memorial project, and I signed on. Don't know whether this fits the "requirements," but it is done and ahead of time no less. For the cross stitch, I used just the corner of a much larger pattern designed by Michelle Lash, a birth announcement actually, because the project was supposed to feature children's old-fashioned toys and primary colors. I immediately thought of teddy bears since they are often given out in situations requiring comfort. (In rereading the directions, however, after I was done, OF COURSE, I noticed that the heart was supposed to be CQ. Oh well, my CQ is on the background.) That little bear took way longer to stitch than the CQ part because of the close color changes. So there you go. That's what's been consuming a lot of my stitching time lately; I hope it'll be OK! Now, back to my UFOs!

13 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

A very sweet teddy! I'm not sure why but the photo is huge!

Suztats said...

ha ha, isn't it funny?--I missed the part about the heart being CQ'd, too! Great minds....eh? Actually, when I first joined up for this project, I thought of doing a teddy with x-stitch, too, and went through all my x-stitch magazines,(since sent to the second hand shop)but I couldn't find one as nice as yours, that was small enough to fit on the heart, and I thought it might take me too long to do.
Yours is wonderful, and I like the border around the heart. Maybe you might post a smaller pic so we can see the whole heart block? What I can see, the fabrics are perfect for a young child. Nicely done!

Stiching4fun said...

Very pretty! Nice work.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Suz! At least mine won't be the only non-CQ heart. I love yours!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Pat, it's not so huge now! LOL

Judy S. said...

Hmmm... Blogger ate my comment. Maybe it didn't like what I said? This time I tried using Compose to add the photo, and somehow it blew up. All fixed now.

Debra Spincic said...

I have always loved cross stitch! Nice there, Judy!

Cy said...

What a lovely teddy, and also a lovely CQ block too Judy. I love how the lazy-daisy stars echo the gold stars around the teddy.

Judy S. said...

I like it, too, but it's not really as creative as CQ. IMHO

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Cy!

Debra Spincic said...

I think many of us came to CQ through cross stitch or printed embroidery. It has its place especially for those who cannot draw but would like a motif.

cq4fun said...

I can't imagine anyone will complain about receiving that block. It's adorable!

Stiching4fun said...

I think it is so cute! Have weakness for Teddy Bears!