March 19, 2013

Angela ~ Down to the Edge

I'm down to about 4 inches of quilting around the edge of the quilt.  In fact I did about a 3 foot length Monday night after I took this picture.
In this photo I folded the backing at the quilt edge so it's easy to see the last bit I need to finish quilting.  This is a full size bed quilt so I should have no trouble finishing it this month, and then I can move on to another project, YAY!

It was so warm I had to turn my fan on high to keep my hand that was underneath from sweating.  Spring is definitely here on the Gulf Coast, 80 degrees the last couple of days.

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Really nice progress, Angela!

Suztats said...

Really coming along Angela! Gee, here it's snowing and blowing.....we'll have to wait until mid-July or longer for 80 degrees!

cq4fun said...

I'm jealous of the 80, but if it's humid, you can keep that. =) It's wonderful to see this project come to the last piece. You've stuck with it so steadily, and it's almost finished!

ladyhawthorne said...

Something mindless and repetitive is really needed when I get home from work these days. Way too much drama and it got worse yesterday. Thank goodness for sewing projects and springtime weather!

Cy said...

Looking good Angela. Mindless stitching is good, lol. We need moments like that to chill-out and forget the day. Hope your day wasn't too bad, and hopefully, the good days out-weigh the bad huh!
The end is in sight for this quilt.

Stiching4fun said...

Angela you are almost there! That is such a wonderful feeling when you look at it and say "it's done"! I love hand quilting and yours looks very nice.


Pat G.