February 3, 2013

Suz-CQJPs


Our satellite equipment broke down, and it took a couple of days for the serviceman to arrive to repair the problems. Add that to a hydro outage from the recent wind/rain storms, and I've been off the internet for several days. It's good to be connected again!

CQJP 2012 has the lace border sewn and I've begun adding stitched and beaded snowflakes, but they don't show up very well. Even the tatted blue one just looks like a little blob....So I shall have to make them bigger and bolder so they can be seen.......like the cut glass and tatted one in the lower left of center







here it is.......




   Once all the snowflakes have been added, I'll sew the lace border to the dark green fleece


CQJP 2013 January block has a seam treatment of  knotted fly stitch (last week's TAST) and I added 'pearl' beads
V's beads and more french knots
tatted JK flowers and curly stem
tea-stained lace with a cast-on stitch border
chain stitching in pale green
and the January block is finished!
 
do you like it?
I started the February block with a few cast-on stitch roses in a variegated rayon thread.......
Debra (of Tuesday Stitchers) sent me a pile of doilies (thanks again, Debra!)

this one is very pretty, though it has a hole, and is stained in a few places


I thought I might use it for the center of my CQJP 2013 wall hanging
I'd use this beautiful machine embroidered rose ( hey, thanks Debra!) that Debra included with the doilies to cover the doily hole and stains
I finished the last three blocks


pretty rose fabric (thanks Debra!)
and another pretty rose fabric (thanks Debra!)



















This third rose fabric came from my stash



hmmm, lots of roses


that's because my CQJP 2013 wall hanging will be called Lace and Roses!
                              


 More roses were added to the February block with some pale green leaves, 4 of which are created with the woven picot stitch for a 3-D effect                The photo below is the February block to date, with the start of 2 more seam treatments. Happy February! Hope this month brings you lots of hearts. Thank you. Suz

21 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I reposted your entry because there was some funky code in there messing with all the blog posts.

I definitely think your embroidery strength lies in the surface embellishments.

How about some dark fabrics under your snowflakes? Even a blue (for the sky?) might make them show up better.

Debra Spincic said...

from Carol:
How clever to use the embroidered stem and leaves as the basis of your woven picot roses. A virtual rose bouquet and I can smell their perfume from here. Your Christmas wallhanging is nearing its beautiful completion.

Debra Spincic said...

from Angela:
OMG, those embroidered roses are gorgeous! Love your January block, lots of pretty details, it makes you slow down to look closer.

Debra Spincic said...

The 2 comments below were pasted from the previous blog entry.

Suztats said...

Gee, that’s weird, Debra. I had a funny vertical line showing up when I copied some of this from my blog post, but I didn't see any codes. Thanks for fixing it all up!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Really lovely, I love the roses. What a great theme for your next CQ. Lots of possibilities there.

Suztats said...

Looking at the fabric, the decorative stitching reminded me of a trellis, so my first thought was to have some climbing roses adorn it. I like doing the woven picot leaves.....except a couple of them got snagged on the trellis! grr, but I didn't realize it until I finished the leaf, and tried to make it stand up. lol

Suztats said...

Thanks Deborah. Debra kindly sent me a pile of lace (as well as those lovely roses) and I know several pieces will be portraying parts of the lace on this project. There'll be some tatted lace, too. I think I have to do some research on SRE roses, and embroidered roses, maybe some rose appliques, as well.

Suztats said...

Thanks Angela. Debra's embroidered roses are beautiful, aren't they? I think they'll be perfect for the centerpiece.

Debra Spincic said...

You have to go on the HTML side to see the (HTML) code. That line was causing troubles!

Debra Spincic said...

Unfortunately when my computer crashed last year I lost the files that produced the rose cross stitch. I made 4 when I made them so I still have one or two. Watching the machine stitch cross stitch is pretty amazing & hypnotic!

Cy said...

Your January block is really pretty. Lace and Roses is going to be a gorgeous theme to stitch throughout the year. I can anticipate some pretty amazing stuff on this quilt if this first block is anything to go by.

Judy S. said...

So pretty, Suz, and in the dead of winter, the promise of spring!

cq4fun said...

Wow, you were so productive! The 2012 project is closing in on finished, and you'll be admiring it so much next Christmas! I love the colors in the 2013 blocks, yes I like January! February's off to a good start, too.

Suztats said...

Yes, Judy, I'm dreaming of my climbing roses on my trellis, and hoping for an early spring, and long summer so I can enjoy their blooms! In the meantime, I'll have to stitch my own to hold me over. ;-D

Suztats said...

See what happens when the internet and phone go offline?..lol
Thanks.

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy. Hope I can keep up with the start......

Debra Spincic said...

:-))

Stiching4fun said...

I love your Christmas wall hanging it will sure be a conversation piece come winter time next year.
This years blocks are lovely, I love the neutral fabrics you have chosen and the roses fabric centers with all the beautiful embroidery work. Lace & Roses will be a beauty!

Pat G.

Suztats said...

Thanks Pat! ;-D

Suztats said...

Thanks Pat!