February 10, 2013

Suz-CQJP and Goals

                                I've been doing a little stitching, and February looks like this:
 
You can read more about it (and my finished Jewel Block)!  here 
 
2013 Goals
I shall be continuing with CQJP 2013, and popping in and out of TAST.  I've also signed up for a course with Karen Ruane  (finally!) in her Embroider, Embellish Create Class, so I'm sure that will be taking up a good portion of my time. I'm so excited it's finally happened as I've been waiting for a couple years.....every time I had the money saved up, something broke and needed repairs, and the money was gone.
I've been mentoring stitchers on StitchMAP, and have completed one mentor assignment (the colour theory course), and begun a second one (basic crazy quilting course) and I hope to take more embroidery courses myself this year. StitchMAP also has challenges and tutorials and I'm planning to participate in as many as possible. Right now we're doing a Sashiko stitched needlebook challenge.
 
Now that I've finished the Jewel pillowcase, I'm considering making one for myself, as I know I shall miss seeing Jewel's cute little face as I stitch. Hmmm, maybe a pink/blue/purple one will make for a nice dose of colour to offset the pale palette of my CQJP. What do you think? Of course, I could stick with the pale shades for my Jewel block too,..........
I do have a couple of WIPs that I've begun but not shown. I'm not sure I'll be able to have very much time working on them.....but we'll see. No doubt I'll discover other things I want to accomplish as the year progresses.  ;-D
 
 
Thanks, and have a great Sunday!
 
Hugs from Suz
 
 

15 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I just adore your color palette and those roses are to die for. So pretty!

Debra Spincic said...

I really like that dark piece of trim--very handsome! The herringbone with the pearls is so pretty & such a good idea.

Enjoyed seeing Jewel's pillow finished too! Really pretty job, Suz!

Barbara C said...

I also love those colors, and your roses are lovely.

Cy said...

Mmmm, delicious colours Suz. Chocolate, caramel and cream.
Love your combo stitches here. Excellent job. Great goals too, and I shall be closely following your progress in the Karen Ruane class as I was pondering on doing that one myself but decided on an art based course by someone else instead.
I'm happy to learn that you will not be running out of ufo's any time soon, lol.

Suztats said...

Thanks. I really enjoyed making the roses, and I'm sure there'll be more turning up on a few other blocks. lol

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra. I'm pleased with Jewel's pillow, and now I want one of my own.....
I actually thought that dark trim was a little too dark for the rest of the block, so I 'toned it down' with some more stitching........you'll have to let me know what you think of it next post.....hehe

Debra Spincic said...

Suz, I have some printed Santa patches I could send you that could work as anchoring patches. Let me know.

Debra Spincic said...

Suz, I have some printed Santa patches I could send you that could work as anchoring patches. Let me know.

Suztats said...

thanks Cy! I'll be sharing my progress with Karen's class, and I can't wait for it to begin. Gathering my supplies now,and sorting through my stash, which is always fun. Gee, I forgot to mention a few WIPs, and I haven't begun to think about the UFO's....oh dear.....

Suztats said...

Debra, you're so generous to offer me more of your lovely embroideries! Had I not decided to keep the sashing and border as simple as possible,and all white, I would happily take you up on your offer. I think, though, that I'm going to try a new idea and see if it works. Cross your fingers. Thanks so much!

Debra Spincic said...

OK, these are little printed Santas like for ornaments.

cq4fun said...

Great goals. I'm interested in seeing what develops from your classes over the year, how your stitching changes or changes direction. Love the crossing chains on your Feb. block.

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra, but I think I won't be adding anything else to the wall hanging right now. I've decided to nix the snowflakes idea and just keep it a very simple finish so the blocks get their 15 minutes of fame. Thanks so much for offering. Sorry this is late, but our satellite connection was not working, due to provider difficulties......sigh

Suztats said...

Thanks, I hope I'm up to the challenge. The crossing chains was just by accident-- the single chain just didn't look good and I'd planned to add something to it. Then I decided to echo the look of the trellis (on the fabric where I added the roses) and it seemed to work.

Judy S. said...

Very nice! I too love your color choices and stitching. Your Jewel pillow is beautiful; it's bound to be treasured both by her and Mom!