Challenges for 2013:
- Work in an ordered kind of crazy quilting, hence the log cabin blocks.
- Restrict the palette of colors used for thread. I'm going to try to stay within the range of red, white, blue and yellow/gold. We'll see how well that works.
- Explore one basic stitch on each block, trying to keep it from looking boring or being repetitive.
- Use new combinations of stitches rather than unique stitches.
- Add silk ribbon to the stitching on at least half the blocks.
I'm still debating on lace. Either there will be NO lace, or I will work on developing better ways of using lace with stitching. I think there will not be as much beading on this year, but I'm not positive yet. I want a very patriotic looking piece. Last year's piece was so completely feminine, and I'd like this year's piece to be at least gender neutral.
You might have noticed there is not one single stitch on either block. I have a lot of catching up to do this month!