I worked a little each evening to get to this phase of my CQ. The borders had to come off, I had to interface them (as Debra suggested), stitch them back on and bind. Yesterday I go to this point:
Using a very light weight interfacing did the trick. I did not imagine that fabric would stretch so much. It wasn't too bad removing it but took some time.
This morning I pinned the binding which has really become a facing and attached the lace to get an idea of how that was going to look. I set the lace back about 1/4 inch so that it looks like a narrow border or piping between it and the quilt itself. The quilt looks much better in person than in this photo.
This quilt was not without challenges, as all of ours have been, but I've managed to get it put together and I think I will be pleased with it.
I want to write up the story behind the quilt to print out on a fabric sheet & attach to the back of the quilt. I'm not sure my daughters remember the aunts and I want them to.
"Crazy for Elvis" is registered with the AAQI and will be in the mail tomorrow!
This week I'm taking a look at my quilting goals for 2013 to decide if what I initially planned is still what I want to do. I do need to set goals or I will get nothing done. Right now, the UFOs in my closet are really on my mind. I have several projects that I did put a lot of work into and I want to finish them. I also have a few ideas that never got past the wishing phase. I've also got several AAQI projects that area bout half finished and since that is winding down, I would really like to get those done and in their hands. I have not done as much for that project as I would have liked to do.
I hope to get the CQ DONE TODAYh, she said optimistically, and will do if my back holds out.