February 3, 2013

Angela ~ Non-Sewing Project

No sewing for me this week, I had a special order to fill.
I had a lady contact me through my Etsy store to order 10 Good Shepherd pendants.  She wants to give them as gifts to new catechumens.  How cool is that?
I used the good shepherd image she saw in a sold pendant but tried to make each one unique by using different backgrounds.
Each has a different icon of the Theotokos (Mary) on the other side.
I still need to add cord necklaces but the hard work is done.

Back to sewing something this next week.

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Great finish on that project, Angela! I'm sure the pendants will be well received.

Suztats said...

These are nice pendants, Angela! Very cool.

Cy said...

Wow, these are gorgeous Angela. You are a lady of many talents.

ladyhawthorne said...

I never can just stick with one hobby. I think I collect hobbies.

Judy S. said...

Beautiful work, Angela! What an interesting project. How did you make them?

desertskyquilts said...

They're beautiful! I love that you made each one a little different. What a lovely gift to receive, and how thoughtful of her to come up with that idea.

Stiching4fun said...

YOur work is beautful Angela! I know whoever receives one will be thrilled.

ladyhawthorne said...

The paper images are sandwiched between 2 thin pieces of glass, sealed with copper tape and soldered, the jump ring is soldered as well. Lots of steps to get there but I did a bit every night and finished the soldering on Saturday. Had one piece of glass crack so I had to redo that one, thankfully it was before I soldered it. Once it's soldered you might as well throw it out and start over.