January 13, 2013

Suz-CQJP Update

CQJP 2013
 
I chose this block for January:
 a few French knots........

 chain stitch undulating across a seam.....





 buttonwheel circles, French knot centers and pistil stitches......







and January looks like this, so far.....
I want to add to the embellishments I've already begun........

perhaps I'll introduce some pale pink and green.........

oops, pardon those embroidery hoop wrinkles, please.......



I'm pleased with how it's coming along, but I've just begun with the surface embroidery!


Thanks.

Hugs from Suz

10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Oh yea, I can see how a block like this could absorb all the stitching you put on it and then want some more! I always feel tone-on-tone surfaces are greedy for more stitching.

Wonderful start! I am sure you will get totally engrossed with this project.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Everything is fine and delicate and I feel sure will be such a pleasure to sew.

ladyhawthorne said...

I just love the calm and peaceful feel to this block. The colors are definitely January and the textures are wonderful. Good start to your embellishing!

Cy said...

This block (and probably even the whole project) looks like it's going to be a big time and energy gobbler with all the embellishing that I am guessing you want to do on it.
Love these muted colours Suz. Nice to see a great start on a variety of stitches.

Stiching4fun said...

I love what you are doing to your block! It is very delicate looking.

Patricia

Judy S. said...

Love, love, love these colors, Suz. This is going to be very pretty!

Suztats said...

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback! I'm sure you're right that this will be a time-gobbler...err....labour of love..lol...and I intend to have lots of tone-on-tone goodies. In fact, I've already added some very pale pink in a couple places, adding to what's already there......oh, but that's a pic for next week....muahahahaha!

Debra Spincic said...

Tease us, willya?

Suztats said...

You betcha! My turn.....

cq4fun said...

Nicely tone-on-tone in these photos! A very different kind of project for the year!