January 21, 2013

Susan: Final Border Progress

I'm having more fun on this last border than any of the rest of the quilt. I think that's because I'm not bound by TAST, and I've been playing with some of Kathy Shaw's TSiTM. I think it's also because I'm drawing to a close. I've put more embellishing into these seams. Some beading, such as the butterfly, isn't shown on these pictures, but is finished. Other seams are still waiting for beads or sequins. Opposite Ends:
Toward the Tansy Fairy:
FFB4-seam1-2
FFB4_seams3-4
FFB4_seam5
FFB4_seams6-8
FFB4_seam9
More beading to be done, and the other 50% still needs stitching.

9 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

So pretty!

Debra Spincic said...

I like all the little flowers popping up along the seams. I'm a sucker for those kinds of floral arrangements!

Suztats said...

Love the colours you're using, and the variegated threads-just perfect shades for the fairy quilt. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Suztats said...

Forgot to mention that your stitching is wonderful! It looks as though you're really having fun with this finish.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

It's a very lucky butterfly settling on your pretty flowers. Lovely stitching.

Judy S. said...

Nice work, Susan. It looks like you're having fun with this border!

ladyhawthorne said...

Love this little fairy sewing on her buttons.

Cy said...

Stunning work Susan. Love those daisies with the 'droopy' petals and bead centres. Lots of lovely stitching variety all over too.

Stiching4fun said...

Susan, just beautiful!!! it looks so dainty! I love your flowers & butterfly