January 20, 2013

Judy: The Blues ~ SBS and UFOs

I am happy to report that the blue design lines in SBS are coming out. At first, I was afraid that they wouldn't but then after letting them soak for a while the blue is gone. Hurrah! But I may have trouble squaring up the blocks as the stitching seems to have made them a bit wonky. We'll see.


For the past several weeks, I've been trying to sort through a few things and have found some interesting UFOs in various stages of completion. These two are just a couple and are separated by quite a few years. The piece with the lady bugs is copyrighted 1975 and designed by Julie Nixon Eisenhower. Remember her? I can't even remember who this was for, except I did have my third child that year. No wonder it never got finished. The other is a Christmas BOM from 2009. Three blocks are done, e more stitched, and 3 more never started. There are lots more UFOs of all types, but I think these two stitching ones have moved to the top of the list. Then there are the knitting ones....... Now, off to fish SBS out of the soaking pail.  Have a great weeki!

15 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

If your SBS blocks are too wonky you could feature them as the middle of some CQ blocks and skip sashing. Even just a frame of the prints would be enough to give the impression of a CQ and give you the ability to square them up. Just a thought.

Cy said...

Looking forward to seeing these new (old) projects worked on. Love that family of ladybugs.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Hope Sue's not still in that soaking pail.

Suztats said...

I've read that some of the blue marking pens can re-appear with temperature changes. So, you might want to put Sue in the freezer to see if the blues return. Hope they don't, but if it's a gift, I know you'll want to make sure.......
Looking forward to seeing SBS all finished, and your UFO's.

ladyhawthorne said...

Poor Sue, having all her finery washed at once! Your UFO stash sounds like mine.

Barbara C said...

Good for you for bringing some of your UFOs to light. It'll be great to see them finished.

cq4fun said...

I remember the project on the left. I wanted to do it, but couldn't find any time. I hope I still have the patterns for sometime in the future. Was that Gail Pan? It was one of the Ozzie designers, right? Good luck on your finishing projects. I can't wait to see Sue all together. It was so amazing how you embellished her all year. Definitely not a run-of-the-mill Sue quilt!

Judy S. said...

Don't know about yours, but mine is scarily huge! I am determined though to whittle it down this year.

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan. Yes, that was Gail Pan in 2009! But the other one dates back to the 70s.....

Judy S. said...

That it will. Good to see you back!

Judy S. said...

In the freezer, eh? That's interesting. I plan to keep her; I don't think she'll be a very cuddly quilt. BTW, are you still doing the Sandy Hook CQ project?

Judy S. said...

Nope, she's on the dining room table at the moment; at least 3 blocks are.

Judy S. said...

I just love lady bugs.....

Judy S. said...

I'm hoping that pressing them will help.

Suztats said...

Yes, I am still working on the Sandy Hook CQ Heart. I have a bit of time before it's due, so I set it aside for a bit.