January 13, 2013

Debra: Praying Madonna -- CQJP, AAQI

Pretty slow going this week on my Praying Madonna block.   With all the lace there isn't much room for embroidery in the outer block area.  I am going to add embroidery on the lace and more embellishments.  Right now I am sewing on the string of clear beads along Madonna's photo.  It gives a nice clean edge & just a bit of sparkle.

© Debra Spincic, 2013
Herringbone Stitching added through the middle of lace trim & between all the patches
  
© Debra Spincic, 2013
Clear beads added along the photo's edge
Comments are welcome.

13 comments:

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I love the colors.

ladyhawthorne said...

Very subdued colors on this one. Guess I'm used to seeing your color wheel blocks. LOL.
It's a lovely piece.

Suztats said...

I like the beaded edging on the photo. It adds a bit of shine without too much bling, just a nice light touch. Very soft look to the block....

Debra Spincic said...

I can't help but be in a reflective mood with these colors and the Madonna subject.

Stiching4fun said...

I too, like the added touch of the beads around the edge of photo. Very Nice!

Patricia

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

The colours and adornments work so well with your Madonna and the gold stitching seems almost to be a mixture of the brown and green. I really like the subtle beading and especially the shaping across the top

Judy S. said...

Nice work, Debra! I love the beading and they way you arched it at the top. She's going to be a beauty!

Debra Spincic said...

Thanks, I hope to pick up the pace on this piece next week. I'll be back working on my Mother and Child series too. Lots of handwork.

Cy said...

Subtle, delicate, and beautiful. Loving this so far.

cq4fun said...

I really like the straight stitches along the right side of the lace. It adds more texture than the buttonhole would have there, I think, and pulls the eye out toward the bigger laces. I think it softens the underlying color, too.

Debra Spincic said...

Those straight stitches are the reverse of that little drapery sample. I thought the texture was better with them than the flat side. I'm not opposed to cheating for effect! Ha!

cq4fun said...

No kidding! I would never have guessed. It looks very much as if you stitched it!

Debra Spincic said...

:-))!