January 20, 2013

Deborah: Sunday Reveal

I'm on a new schedule: get up at 4:30 am and go to the gym where I work out for about 45 minutes, get to work at 7:30, home at about 5. Unconscious by 8. I have a narrow window time wise to work with. However, I did stitch away (more) on the CQJP quilt which is hanging on my design board as we speak. I had a piece of silk I bought a long time ago for another purpose which I am using for the backing, one of my trusty IKEA fleece blankets for batting and lo and behold, enough of this fabric for binding:


I did get a little stitching done on the Elvis quilt for the AAQI. I'm using only black and turquoise thread on this one.

And a few details added to the CQ. That has to stop or I will never get it finished. I promised a friend at work it would be done this weekend so I could bring it in for her to see.


I learned a lot doing this project. I hope I learned enough to do a better job this year. Although I said I was not going to do just one quilt but many smaller ones, I ran across some items that just begged to be made into a quilt. I will post those later on my blog.

For now my daughter and I are getting ready to take Brit, our foster puppy, to the Sunday adoption event.  We have managed to get her housebroken and she's well  socialized so she'll make someone a wonderful pet. I will admit that I'll miss her but not her 1 a.m. antics!






10 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I am sure everyone will agree: crazy quilts are greedy little quilts!

Elvis is fab! He will sell quickly for AAQI.

ladyhawthorne said...

Oh yes there are lots of Elvis fans out there. With all that going on at least you can say you won't get bored! Cute puppy too, someone will fall in love with her.

Suztats said...

Once I get started adding details, it's hard for me to stop, too. Your Elvis quilt is looking so good!
Brit is a cutie.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Really like the colours of your Elvis block the turquoise, black and red/oranges make for such clear definition. I was (am) a great Elvis fan and your fabrics evoke such happy memories.

Cy said...

You know I am a fan of turquoise, so of course I love your Elvis quilt.
Brit has such an adorable face, how can anyone not fall in love with her....

Barbara C said...

Oh, what a sweet puppy face! Brit, that is, though 50s Elvis has a sweet puppy face too. Great colors in your block, they add so much vitality.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

I understand a few people filled out applications expressing an interest in Brit. As much as I said we were NOT going to keep another dog - I have two - I will miss the little weenie if she does get adopted. Not sure I want to do this fostering thing again. You do get so attached. But, we did a good thing, getting her used to being around people and housebroken, she will be more adoptable. This puppy was born at the vet clinic, and had never lived outside a kennel. I think she had a couple of brothers who were adopted. :-( So many heartbreaking stories about homeless pets.

cq4fun said...

Your work schedule would have me unconscious by 6! Love how the Elvis block is coming along, and your button detail. I can hardly wait for the big reveal!

Judy S. said...

Gosh, Deborah, that schedule of yours is a killer. It's amazing you can get anything done. I'd be wiped out way before 8 PM! Kudos to you on the dog fostering; you have a big heart.

Stiching4fun said...

I love the button detail too! I love the dog ( I am a dog lover but like the smaller ones) I like what you have done on the Elvis quilt!