December 2, 2012

This Week-Suz-TAST,CQJP, WIP, and more


Here's my naked December block:

That cool red ribbon with the sparkles and the snowflakes is from Debra.

Thanks Debra! I love the diagonal line the ribbon creates on this block (and it very nicely covers up a jumble of seams ;-D)


I think I shall be adding lots of snowflakes, and maybe a little silver......






TAST
I did my TAST stitch on my Jewel block

some arrowhead stitches along a seam trim



interlaced arrowhead variation on a second seam trim where I also added a selection of french knots and some lazy daisy stitches









the seam now looks like this



more embellishing added to Jewel's block:

seed beads added to an off-white organic tat








another JK cluster


















a small spray of silk ribbon flowers with bead centers














lace flowers with lazy daisy leaves


















tatted seams


















a wee lace flower

















My Jewel Block now looks like this:
I've begun to add some beads....Jewel loves bling!
this is a wee fairy I've made for granddaughter Jewel, and will be sent to Australia with a Christmas card.

She adored my kitchen angel, and I promised to make her one.
fun fur for hair, lace wings, and heart trim
2 1/2" wide x 3" long
this little tat was supposed to be a star......
"Tatting Pattern and Designs" by Gun Blomquist and Elwy Persson
there were a couple of design elements I didn't like, and when I got to this point, I needed to add more thread
I rather liked the shape as it was
and decided to start the pattern again......




it morphed into this tree decoration first

the swarovski crystals add a nice sparkle, although it's difficult to see......
and my second attempt at the star was changed slightly with the addition of extra chains to both the top and bottom arms


sorry about the blurring on this scan

the center is filled with a circle of faux pearls matching those at each arm

I added a swarovski crystal drop to the bottom, too

it needs blocking, but I'm pleased with the result


There's been more stitching, but no pics yet

Hope you've had a wonderful week.
The weather has warmed up, the snow is gone, and the ice is receding on the lake
Maybe we'll have sunshine. Hope you do, too!
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Pretty bling everywhere! I just love your tatting.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Jewel's fairy is really cute. Love your small spray of silk ribbon flowers and tatting.

Debra Spincic said...

What a great feast for our eyes! that Jewel is a lucky little girl! I can only imagine the lovelies she will receive through the years.

Judy S. said...

Love that beaded spray of sr flowers! Your tatting is fabulous and so are all of Jewel's embellishments. I take it that you figured out the posting mystery? Blogger can be very annoying at times, can't it?

Suztats said...

Thanks LadyH!

Suztats said...

Thanks Carol. I had to use on-hand stuff, and I think that fun fur makes really funky hair. I hope Jewel doesn't pull it all out!

Suztats said...

Aw, shucks, Debra. (blush)

Suztats said...

There was an issue with blogger, but apart from that, I am having dns failure on a regular basis with this old computer (2001!) and even flushing and renewing the dns hasn't cured it. The last tech I spoke with, suggested it might be time for a new computer since windows xp is getting old, too........sigh. At least it works sometimes......oh, Santa?......