December 17, 2012

Suz-WIPs, TAST, CQJP

I missed my regular post time, so I decided to do a little more stitching........better late than never............
WIPs  Finished







I've been wanting to make Dorset Buttons for a while, and thought this one would adorn my December CQJP block...........but I made it too big
I tried a smaller one.............I wonder if it will fit my Jewel Block?

TAST this week was the berry stitch.......sort of a double lazy daisy........some here
and here......
and here......
white stars and snowflakes.......
and December's block looks almost finished
Family is arriving soon for the holidays, so I might not be back until after Christmas............there's baking to do, and presents to wrap...........



Wishing everyone a Blessed, Merry Christmas!

May you enjoy happy times with friends and family.

Safe travels for all journeying this Holiday Season.






Special prayers for everyone affected by the horror in the U.S. Too many lives cut short. So many  grieving.

Hugs from Suz

7 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Love your Santa!!

Are you going to try to get your Christmas wallhanging done for this year? Wouldn't that be swell?

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra. Santa is a wool, dimensional rug hooking I did several years ago. I love it, and it always comes out at Christmas.
I'm not sure if I will be using my Christmas blocks in a wall hanging as I feel that my approach to the the block embellishing changed during the year. Certainly, anything else I do with or to the blocks will have to wait until the new year as I'm a little swamped at present finishing up a few Christmas gifts and getting ready for family to arrive soon. Where did the time go?

ladyhawthorne said...

Everything looks so festive! Is that a tree in the center of the pink dorst button? Sure is pretty!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Wishing you a berry berry berry Christmas! Feel sure your pink dorset button would look great on Jewel's block. Dorset Buttons are new to me and must look them up, but wondering whether they are tatted.

cq4fun said...

The block looks good! I look forward to seeing all the blocks together after the first of the year. Hope you have a great Christmas!

Cy said...

Lots of Christmassy Joy shown in stitches here Suz. Love the Dorset buttons, but I am a bit biased about Dorset buttons as I am Dorset born and bred, lol, so I grew up with them.
Funny though, that I haven't stitched any for quite a while. I must rectify that soon.
Love your berry stitch seams. It's a quick stitch with a nice effect.
Your Santa is great. Hope he gets pride of place on display each year.

Judy S. said...

Especially love the pink Dorsett button. Hope it fits on Jewel. Your December is looking very Christmasy, as is the cute Santa. That must have take a while? Have a lovely holiday, and the best in 2013!