December 8, 2012

Susan: Border 2 Progress

I'm half-way through the second border! That means I'm only one entire border behind. =P The good side of that is - it's only one border, not half the blocks and the borders! Thanks to this group, I didn't drop out. I'm finishing this project, and planning my second year, too. I've learned SO much this year. Mostly, don't combine projects! Doing the TAST and the CQJP put a lot of extra complication into it. Next year, I'm choosing just one thing as a challenge for the project, and I hope that makes it easier to keep up. I'll let you know. =) I still have beads to add, of course, but here's the part I worked on this week. Some of this I love, and some not so much, but I keep reminding myself it's all part of a whole thing. I experimented with a lot of things, and when I experiment, I don't always get the result I thought I would. When I look at the 9 blocks together on my wall, I don't see the individual things I didn't like, and I'm sure this will be the same.

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I especially like how you completed the eyelet with the curved stitching at the bottom. Pretty piece of lavendar lace too.

ladyhawthorne said...

What a beautiful border, I really like all the circles!

Judy S. said...

So pretty, Susan. This is going to be a wonderful piece!

Suztats said...

I agree with Debra, and I also really like the upper right piece with all the lazy daisies. It seems to capture all the colours in the rest of the block. The diagonals are very pleasing.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Really like how you've used circles on these seams, also enhancement of your bird fabric works so well and leads the eyes on yet another journey along your borders.

cq4fun said...

It looks lavender because of the dupioni silk under it, but the lace is really white. I like putting airy lace over fabric that way - sort of adds another dimension.

cq4fun said...

Thank you. I wanted a filler that didn't look like everything else I've done lately. I think the green side is getting a spider web, with a little vine in it.

desertskyquilts said...

Thank you for all the nice comments. Sometimes I really like what I'm doing and sometimes I think I need to toss it in the trash. LOL I think when I'm finished and its all together, I'll like it. I really like the center now, so I'm hoping the borders will be the same.