December 1, 2012

Judy~Arrowhead Stitch~ November Reveal TAST

Here she is, strumming her banjo and practicing Christmas Carols even though her dress isn't all that festive and the grass is still green. The arrowhead stitch is on her sleeves (surprise, surprise!) and also on her shoes. To me the appearance of this stitch isn't all that different from the fly stitch. Am I missing something? One more block to go and then I can start working on the quilt. First, though, I'm going to gently wash the blocks and then press them. Oh, how I hope the blue lines disappear like they are supposed to. Speaking of quilts, I have a couple of recent posts on my blog with photos from the Block Party Quilters' annual quilt show earlier this past month.

11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I guess sitting in a rocking chair to strum wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable!

Nicely presented block, this one! Can you see any difference in the amount of attention to details you have between the 1st blocks and the last ones? Were you consistent?

desertskyquilts said...

This is a beautiful block. I love the detail of the arrowhead stitches on her sleeves. You've added something so feminine in each block. What a beautiful quilt this will be. I'm glad it's for you! If you make the arrowhead small, as on her sleeve, it does have the look of the fly stitch. I make them big and it changes the design to have the two stitches instead of a fly. For one thing, they are straighter. You'll see when I add some seam pics to my post later today.

Judy S. said...

I think I've been fairly consistent but am stitching with more confidence and precision now. I'm also more comfortable with going beyond the recommended stitches and colors.....

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Susan. I was having trouble getting a good right angle on the second stitch actually. I will be interested to see your seams!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Would never have guessed Sue would be strumming her banjo. This is a lovely block, so feminine and I love the yellow daisies, Sue's always well turned out. One more block to go what an achievement?

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Carol. I am anxious to see what Sarah has been up to!

ladyhawthorne said...

Awwww, she's so cute! If the grass is still green she must be visiting here in the South and strumming "Dixie!"

Debra Spincic said...

Sounds like good progress over the year.

Suztats said...

Sue's "strummin' on the ol' banjo"
Is she "singin' fee, fie, fiddly-i-o"?
Love the yellow daisies with the blue, and a perfect spot for the arrowhead stitch on her sleeve. Nice block, and I would never have guessed what Sue was up to.

Judy S. said...

Yep, Sue gets around, almost as much as Sarah!

Judy S. said...

She just might be. With all that practicing over the past month, she has quite a repertoire!