December 30, 2012

Deborah - Gasping Toward the Finish Line

I think I'm nearly caught up. I have two of the last three blocks finished and am making progress on the third. These are three miscellaneous blocks that have as their only purpose the completion of the CQJP 2012 project. I will probably make them into small wall hangings or Alzheimer's quilts - the smaller one anyway.

First, here are my last two TAST stitches:

The Berry Stitch

Knotted Cable Chain 

And below, the last three blocks of the year



This one needs more work, My daughter has expressed an interest in my making this into a wall hanging for her.

One more day to go.

11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Of course I am going to like the little red cardinal block!
Using these for Alz quilts is a good idea too.

Deborah McLaughlin said...

OF course - that's your embroidery! Very Christmasy, isn't he?

Debra Spincic said...

If you get it done ASAP and submitted, it might make a pretty little valentine Alz quilt for someone to buy. Sew some heart shaped buttons on there somewhere!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Your TAST blocks are very attractive and would look lovely in whatever finished form you decide.

ladyhawthorne said...

The cardinal is my fav, but then I just love those bright little birds. They perk up a gray day.
Love what you did with the berry stitch and the beads.

Cy said...

Oh, I love love love the cardinal block, I think it has something to do with the lacy bits. I'm in a 'lace-luving' mode at the moment, lol.
Great stitching on all these blocks Deborah. I really like the berry stitched seam.
The end is close by now. Just a few more rows and you're there.

Deb said...

Thanks everyone. As you can see I'm up early (I have actually been awake since the dogs woke me at 4:30 am) to get a start on the last block. Determined to finish the work on these today.

Barbara C said...

I love the way the aqua and the salmon colors work together and the embroidered centers are very pretty.

desertskyquilts said...

I started to say how much I love the red block, and then I saw the ones under it. Good thing I don't have to choose! Your stitching is great, and I think the wavy chain on the lace piece on the red block is my favorite seam. Lucky daughter who can walk in to mom's and say, "I want that." =)

Deborah McLaughlin said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. Still have a lot to do on those blocks.

Suztats said...

I really like the cardinal block, and the red berry stitch caught my eye. All three are very pretty. Nice stitching!