December 16, 2012

Cy - Back home and Stitching again


Hello everyone, I'm back, and I think I'm just in time for my allocated posting slot here.

At the moment I cannot remember which block this is as I have been away from stitching too long while I was visiting my UK family.

I've been back home in New Zealand now for three days, and I have finally finished the block.


And here are some close-up pics of the stitching and beading.








And now I must see if I can find the time to catch up on the couple more blocks needed for my CQJP challenge to be completed before 2013 arrives.

I have some very lovely things to add to my December block. 
Very special things from my mum. I'm really looking forward to doing that block in memory of mum who sadly passed away on Dec 1st 2012.



Happy Stitching

6 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

So happy to have you back with us. I'm sorry about your mum's passing and know that you will spend many hours with her again in 2013 as you stitch with her treasures. It took me a very long time to finally stitch through the grief of my son's death; but, when I did, it was very healing. I pray that same healing for you.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Good to have you back safely. After seeing pictures of your mother on her birthday its so very sad to hear of her passing. You must be so very pleased and comforted that you were able to spend time together and to give her your beautiful cushion.

ladyhawthorne said...

Glad to have you back and see what you've stitched. The beading is just beautiful.
I am sorry to hear that your Mum passed on. May her memory be eternal.

Suztats said...

Cy, I am so sorry to read of your Mum's passing. What a blessing that you were able to spend time with her and celebrate her birthday. She looked so chuffed with the beautiful pillow you created for her.
Your stitching on this block is beautiful.

cq4fun said...

I love all the blues and teals in this block. It's a beautiful block. I look forward to seeing what you add to December in your mother's memory. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing, but so glad you could be there with her beforehand.

Judy S. said...

This is such a beautiful block, and we are so glad you are back. I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing, but it is wonderful that you were able to spend time with her. Hopefully those memories will sustain you in the days ahead. Hugs to you and your family.