December 9, 2012

Angela~ Have It Your Way


This week's TAST embroidery was a challenge to find a history event that worked with the stitch.  But I think I managed it pretty well.
The buttonhole eyelet flower made some pretty awesome crown finials.  How many of these paper crowns have you worn?
I think I was about 10 or 11 the first time I ate at a Burger King with my cousin and her friend who were old enough to drive and didn't mind dragging along the younger kid.  I remember I had a whopper and it was very messy and very good.  They still are.

8 comments:

Munir said...

Oh wow, I was three years old then but I was in India. The buttonhole flowers touch up is cute.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

You said it Angela, "awesome crown finials". They look absolutely perfect.

Suztats said...

You have it your way, and with those cute finials, your way is good!

Judy S. said...

You did it! And so very creative, plus another tidbit I didn't know.

Debra Spincic said...

You continue to amaze and delight!

Deborah McLaughlin said...

You're so creative. I always look forward to your stitching.

cq4fun said...

That is wonderful! The perfect use for this stitch, and what a great date to memorialize.

ladyhawthorne said...

Thanks for all the kind words. I am really excited about this project ending though, I have so many other things that have been put on hold. And it will be nice to make these pages into a real fabric journal that I can flip through.