November 3, 2012

Susan: Flower Fairy Border 1

I have made some progress this week. In fact, if it were a block, I'd be half-way to finished, except for beading! You should be able to click to enlarge photos, if Blogger is working right today. Here are some peeks, not shown in the order they were done.

This started with a buttonhole stitch, and I just kept messing with it.

Italian Knotted whatever. I liked this one.

The thread is a silk perle and the shine keeps it from photographing well.

Chains and straights. Triangle beads will go on the ends.

Same shiny thread, same problem. Copied 100% from a Sharon Boggon seam I liked.

I'll bet you can guess what this is.

8 comments:

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

These borders are looking very special. Really like the fly and detached chain, also your chain and straights and the chevron everything is really lovely.

ladyhawthorne said...

They all look wonderful, great going!

Judy S. said...

Nice! So when do we get to see the whole thing?

cq4fun said...

Probably the 17th, if I can keep up the pace! I have planned two weeks for each border, so I can be finished by the first of the year.

Suztats said...

I love using the silk perle, as it adds a lovely shine: shame it doesn't show up in the pics. Love all the seams, especially the meandering 'vine'. Thanks for the peek.

Debra Spincic said...

Your border will be a beautiful frame echoing the soft treatments in the block. I suspect it will all read as a finely stitched surface.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

All are lovely seam treatments. Threads are so pretty with their sheen. Nice stitching.

cq4fun said...

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. I'm really enjoying this border, as when I started the first block. I found a little more stitching time late on Saturday, as I sat here with a miserable cold, and I like the two more seams I got finished then.