November 17, 2012

Judy~TAST~Magic Chain

Once again I am happy to have Sue's sleeves as a place for the TAST stitches. Sadly, after I was done, I realized I used the same colors as Sharon's sample. Not too original, eh? For me the hardest part of this stitch was getting the two double strands through that tiny eye of the needle..... My embroidery book calls it "chequered chain," which was interesting, especially the spelling. No one's guessed what Sue is up to, at least so far!  That boulder is getting mighty uncomfortable though.

8 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

If you'd thought about it beforehand, you could have given Sue a pinafore and that would have given you even more opportunity for stitches. I guess you'll just have to do another set of blocks. Ha! Ha!

Judy S. said...

Dream on! Her dress is a kind of pinafore but I never remember to stitch it in 2 colors. After I finish this quilt, I am done with Sue and on to the rest of the zillions of UFOs that are waiting.....

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Sue in a pinafore dream on! Very neat magic chain Judy can't wait to see what Sue's getting up to, not mischief I hope.

Suztats said...

The magic chain looks pretty on Sue's sleeve.
You don't suppose she's watching the clouds and seeing what shapes she can find?

ladyhawthorne said...

Nice sleeve treatment, and it doesn't matter if the colors are the same as Sharon's if it's what you want. So there.
Maybe Sue is holding hands with her boyfriend!

Judy S. said...

No mischief I'm aware of.....

Judy S. said...

No, this girl's not daydreaming or cloud-watching.....

Judy S. said...

No boyfriend I know of, but maybe there's one off-the-block somewhere?