November 3, 2012

Debra: TAST/CQJP Reveal Sept & Oct

While I had the embellishments out for October's block, I revisited September's block. After staring at it all month, I decided it really needed some more beads and buttons. The blue has been the hardest block-nothing shows on the color. The pretty blue beads all disappeared. Who would've thought the purple embellishments would be the solution? (OK, no need to say Who? exactly!)


One of my freestanding lace embroidery butterflies.  These are stitched on water soluble stabilizer.






The October block is probably one of the prettier blocks in the group (and not because it is purple, by a long shot!).




In case you are wondering, yes, I do wear heels and a dress when I sew.  You don't?


I may never do a buttonhole fan again the old way.  I really love this look now that I understand how to stitch it (and that it is so easy!).




So there you have it, my stitching sisters!  September and October wrapped up! 

8 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Both of them are gorgeous! Love the quote for October too.

cq4fun said...

Love the additions, especially around buttons. That butterfly is so gorgeous! The October block is equally beautiful. Love those little bows in the last pic.

Suztats said...

There's some mighty fine stitching on these two blocks, Debra. The purple on the blue block works very nicely, and what a great segueway to the purple block, which also has some cute touches of blue. Very smart. i love all the variegated threads.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

We're being totally spoiled having 2 reveals. Your September butterfly is perfect for the block and compliments the bead arrangement arrangements perfectly.
October is lovely and I really like the centre motif. Do you really wear heels to sew I wouldn't have thought they would go with shorts, but what do I know ROFLOL.

Judy S. said...

Love, love, love that butterfly! Great blocks. Aren't you the one what doesn't care for purple? Who'd guess? Beautiful work!

Debra Spincic said...

LOL! I did have to give up my flip flops but only wore heels when teaching home ec back in the dark ages.

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you, ladies!

I've been encouraged to finish this piece as a competition piece so may have to do a bit of rethinking here for how to finish it with that goal in mind.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Great additions on your September block. Who would have thought? Lol. It really looks great and that butterfly is gorgeous! Your October block is another beauty. The added gold hearts and soft pearls as well as the touches of russets keep it from being too pastel looking and ties it in nicely with your other blocks. Wonderful center motif! Both blocks are fantastic. Great idea to enter this into a competition!