November 11, 2012

Cy - Trying to Catch up

Hi everyone, sorry I'm so far behind with my CQ, and I still haven't got around to seeing, and commenting on, all your lovely work from last week.

I am determined that I WILL catch up, but probably not until the end of December, lol.

I managed to get a few buttonhole cups stitched on the 'bright cushion' for my mum.



I have some extra great news to follow that.

Next week is my mum's 90th birthday. I have been making this cushion for her in bright colours and deep textures because she has very poor eyesight.

She lives in England with the rest of the family. I live in New Zealand.

This week (Tuesday 13th Nov) I have got a plane ticket to UK. 

I can't believe I am actually going to give this present to my mum in person, on her birthday next week. I am so excited. 

The cushion is in need of the green TAST needle-weaving leaves, and I shall get some of them done during the long (very long) flight and travelling times. 26 hours actually in flight - 6 hours in the transit lounges in Sydney & Abu Dhabi - then 5 or 6 hours from Heathrow on trains until I reach my destination.

Did I tell you I'm excited......







14 comments:

Judy S. said...

Safe travels, Cy! Give your mom an extra birthday hug from the Pacific Northwest. Have a fabulous celebration. I know she'll love having you there, and with such a pretty gift besides.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Great news, how wonderful to give the cushion to your Mum personally. I've loved all the texture and bright colours. Have fun with your family and safe travelling. Don't suppose you'll be in my neck of the woods?

ladyhawthorne said...

It's so pretty and colorful, I know she'll love it. God grant her many years!

Debra Spincic said...

Best wishes always on your travels and stay with your mum. I know you have stitched love into her cushion.

Suztats said...

Oh that's wonderful, Cy! You'll get to spend time with your Mum on her special day. Wow! 90!
Safe travels!

Suztats said...

I meant to say the cushion is fabulous, but I think you being there will be the best present of all!

cq4fun said...

You have every reason to be excited! It sounds like you are going to have plenty of time to add little extras during the trip. What a lovely present for your mother!

Cy said...

Thanks Judy, I will be sure to give her plenty of hugs.

Cy said...

Thank you Carol. Are you anywhere near Dorset?

Cy said...

Thank you Angela.

Cy said...

Thanks Debra, I have arrived at my sisters house now, and I'm so looking forward to seeing mum tomorrow.

Cy said...

Cheers Suz.

Cy said...

;)

Cy said...

Cheers Susan. I didn't get anything done on the trip. I forgot I'm not allowed to take a needle on a plane.