I have been stitching! but I keep missing my posting time!
I put buttonhole wheel cups and closed base needlewoven picots in this floral motif, along with some whipped wheels, bullions, and cast-on flowers. They may be a little hard to see because the colors are similar and the stitches are so crowded, but that actually is what I was trying to accomplish: a very encrusted section similar to several that Sharon has used as illustrations.
(As usual, this is importing sideways--don't know why!) (The kitty is a motif put on a year or so ago; this block is one of my UFO's!)
In another spot, I tried a motif with a button, a charm, and various flowers:
Finally, I tried the knotted loop stitch on two lines, trying to make the arms of the stitches close to parallel, even though the seams are not parallel. As I continue working on this, I want to try to "encrust" embellishment in the pointed area of the bottom of the figure. Don't know yet how it will turn out, but. . . what are UFO's for, if not to experiment!!