November 4, 2012

Back Home

I am finally home after a 2 week trip to Israel and a bonus 4 day vacation in Zurich. We were standby (my SIL is an airline employee), and got bumped on Monday due to the hurricane. No chance of getting out that week until Friday so we enjoyed several days of sightseeing in Switzerland. I suppose it could have been worse! :-) It was a nice and actually relaxing few days, but getting on the plane Friday made up for it. I think half the passengers were non-revenue - retirees and employees who had been bumped earlier in the week. It was worth it, and now I"m happy to be home and ready to stitch but have several weeks' worth to catch up on. I missed Houston this year, since we did not get out in time to catch my flight. Luckily, the airline gave me a voucher and the hotel reimbursed the room fee. Internet access was not always free. I had purchased a Kindle before leaving but was unable to access Netflix or Amazon movies overseas. I enjoyed catching up on The Walking Dead yesterday. It is very intense this year! We're off to breakfast and grocery shopping. I will post my stitching as soon as I can! Hope you all had a great 3 weeks! ~~~Deborah

5 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Welcome back!

Suztats said...

Glad you had a good time!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Good to have you back safe and sound.

Debra Spincic said...

What an adventure!

cq4fun said...

Wow, what a trip! I'm glad you made it home. I never even thought about how the storms would affect foreign travel, but of course they would with the NYC airports!