November 25, 2012

Angela~ Portuguese Border Stitch


This week's stitch instructions left a lot to be desired but I struggled through and figured it out.  Definitely a great border stitch and it works up very fast using 6 strands of  DMC floss.
I tried something new and it worked quite well.  The Microsoft computer screen image is printed on cardstock paper.  I attached it with 2 stitches of regular thread at each corner, then poked holes where my border stitches would need to go through.  This was pretty easy on the aida cloth, I worked from the back to poke the holes.   You do have to be careful not to bend the paper while you work though.
*
Was it really only in 1985 that Microsoft came out with Windows 1.0?  It was an MS-DOS program and not user friendly...pretty much only for geeks.

5 comments:

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Great interpretation. PBS seems very appropriate, although the MS-DOS programme seemed more like double Dutch than Portuguese! Makes a good border stitch and iit will be interesting tomorrow to see TAST highlights.

Judy S. said...

Nice! It was fun to see the PBS with 6 strands instead of my two. Looks great!

Debra Spincic said...

I like how dramatic the stitch looks with the 6 strands.

Suztats said...

Gee, it seems a lot longer since windows came out, but I do remember that d--- DOS program. PBstitch really stands out in the 6-ply. Very nice.

cq4fun said...

I wouldn't have guessed that was paper. This one looks great with that stitch as a border. Another winner for you! Mac always had "windows." LOL