October 20, 2012

Suz-Update: CQJP, TAST, WIPs



my naked October block for CQJP 2012

















 A beautiful tat by Fox  is pinned into place
red lazy daisy buds with  fly stitch stems
then I added TAST knotted loop stitch








and my block looks like this, so far


lots more to do, yet

Here's the Italian Border Stitch for this week's TAST, with lazy daisy buds added. The knots on the bottom of the V don't show up too well in this doubled thread

perhaps I'll try it again in a thicker thread
here's a better shot of my beaded hedebo stitch and the blingy ribbon I posted last week
 I tried it a bit thicker here, with little heart buttons instead of the beads
then I played with double rows of chain stitch
I completed the bullion row couching down the pale pink lace, and topped it with a pink glass bead which sort of looks green, here
 some buttonhole circles

and my Jewel block looks a little more complete, although there's lots more stitching and beading to do.















 over at StitchMAP I am taking a Redwork Course. It's a lot of fun (and sometimes frustrating) learning and practicing new skills.
this music note was one lesson practicing satin stitch and padded satin stitch
and I completed a little teapot, too. These motifs are quite small ~ 1.5" square
My next lesson is awaiting my attention.









I hope you've had some time today to enjoy doing something that feeds your soul and brings you pleasure.
Thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz.

13 comments:

Judy S. said...

Your CQ block is looking great! I came to the same conclusion that the Italian thingy needs thicker thread! Love the spray of flowers on your Jewel block. And all those bullions! Very nice. Have a great weekend!

Debra Spincic said...

It's interesting to me how much the hedebo can change with the different embellishments everyone is using. It's a good stitch to use to develop a particular themed idea.
I also really like your double chain stitch swag. There's a lot the chain stitch can do too--so underappreciated as a stitch.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Thats a whole lot of seam treatments. Fabulous Bullions and your Jewel block is looking so wonderful. Love all your variegated threads.

Suztats said...

I agree about it being underappreciated, Debra, and admit that it's a favourite of mine. It has lots of variations, but I do rather prefer the plain chain stitch.

Suztats said...

You, too, Judy, thanks. I plan on spending a lot of it stitching!

Suztats said...

Yes, I was playing some catch up with TAST, and one seam led to another..........
I'm a variegated thread fiend!

Cy said...

Loving all this eye-candy stitching and bling Suz. The Christmas block is coming on a treat and filling up nicely. Love that combo seam treatment there.
There is so much lovely texture happening on Jewels block. It's got a rather 'happy' look, and emotion, to it.
This is totally a fabulous week of stitching from you Suz. Thanks for reminding me that stitching IS one of the main things I should be doing each week.

Suztats said...

I know if I don't do some stitching, knitting, or painting during the week, I begin to feel un-grounded. Handwork to me is meditative, and I like to have music playing as I create -- it gets me into the flow.......I lose track of time, and am totally immersed in what I'm doing. A delightful way to spend an afternoon! or anytime.
Thanks for the lovely comments.
Hugs

cq4fun said...

What a lot of lovely eye-candy! I just love the Hedebo with the little heart buttons. I'm enjoying the progress on the October block, and the baby picture block, too. You did a lot this week! Doing satin stitching, like your musical note, eludes me. =)

Suztats said...

I had a lot of practice on the satin stitch and padded satin stitch before I did those motifs. It's not difficult, but it does take patience-- I sometimes have a problem with that part....lol
I wanted to add lots of heart buttons and motifs to Jewel's block, since I heart her so much! You might see a few more turning up....

ladyhawthorne said...

All your seam treatments are wonderful and so colorful. Love seeing the different ideas everyone comes up with to use them.
Your satin stitching looks very very good, it's not always easy to get it so smooth. Congrats!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Lots and lots of really nice stitching Suz. Those little hearts are pretty sweet and the bullions are fantastic.

Suztats said...

Thank you Connie! I'm having lots of fun.