October 20, 2012

Susan: Little progress

I completely spaced posting yesterday afternoon, so I'm scheduling this at my usual time, and we'll see if it slides in where it was supposed to be or not. =) After arranging and re-arranging, taking photos and comparing, here is what the center of the Flower Fairies will look like. The blocks will be sewn together tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. The original plan was to do it on Friday, but that didn't happen, so this is the revised plan. Then I'll fill in some corners and joining spaces, and start work on the borders. Click to enlarge. Judy had commented to me that it bothered her a little that the top row flower fairies are all going in the same direction. I hadn't noticed until she said something, because I was concentrating on balancing the butterflies and whatever color balance I could get with leaving the red fairy in the middle. Now it bothers me, too. I have a possible solution. We'll see when I put them together tomorrow! Now I'm trying to decide whether to put a flower fairy in the center of each border or not. I'm leaning toward putting them there. Opinions?

7 comments:

Suztats said...

You mean in the corners of the border, or in the center of each border piece? I like the idea of the corners, but I'm not sure about the center of the border....kind of like floating.....but maybe fairies float and flit about?
Will the border fairies be embellished, or plain?

ladyhawthorne said...

This looks fabulous! The fairies facing the same way don't bother me, I think having everything in balance is more important and you've done a great job there.

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

I too like the idea of fairies in the four corners of the borders, but you'll have to see what it looks like when everything is laid out. It's all so very pretty and the colours blend beautifully.

cq4fun said...

Center of each border strip, which will be crazy quilt pieces, and embellished.

cq4fun said...

That's funny, two of you mentioned corners, and corners never occurred to me! I guess because I think of each border as another block.

Debra Spincic said...

I certainly love everything you've done and it all looks great together. My only suggestion would be to have another large white butterfly in the top section (or plump up the current white butterfly more).

Not sure about more fairy or CQ blocks in the border. I rather like what you have now with (possibly) a plain border.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Your blocks look wonderful together! I agree with Debra about the butterfly. Three large ones total would be a nice balance and having one on the top row heading slightly to the left would give the group a nice flow.