October 6, 2012

Susan: Hedebo and CQJP

Still plugging away on the September CQJP. Probably reveal next week, with any luck. My Hedebo seam is pitiful. Hint: Use fat thread on that one! =) I used a Needle Necessities Perle in a light yellow-peach variegated, and I love the thread, but it made very small stitches. I did the cross stitch part right, but I changed the beading and Hedebo part, and this is what it is.

Then I used Feather, French Knots and Detached Chain to make a top and bottom seam, sort of reflecting. The bottom seam has the chains, but the top one still needs them. I see beads in here later, too.

That's it for this week!

7 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

It looks lovely to me! Such pretty colors on this piece.

Debra Spincic said...

I had a feeling that hedebo stitch would take some experimenting to find the right thread.

Your piece looks lovely to me too!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

Your Beaded Hedebo makes a very pretty and delicate seam treatment close to your butterfly. Looking forward to seeing the completed block.

Barbara C said...

The delicacy of your hedebo matches the rest of your stitching nicely.

Cy said...

I really like the double bead on the hedebo. Lovely stitch combination in the second photo.
I went to a quilt show today and thought of you when I saw a whole quilt with these fairies on. I had a closer look at the fairies to enjoy them "IRL". The colours are more vibrant than my computer screen shows me.

Judy S. said...

What's the pretty fluffy looking blue flower? Love that butterfly and the HDB stitch looks fine to me, but what I like best is that pretty feather stitch with the french knots. Your feather stitching is always amazing!

cq4fun said...

It was already on the fabric! The lines around it are chain stitch, but that's sort of a loose pulled up stitch.