October 20, 2012

Judy~Catching Up with Knotted Loop, Hedebo, and Italian Knotted Border Stitches~Whew!

Ten days in the Midwest and some unexpected craziness upon our return home put me three stitches and then some behind on my October block.  After consulting my trusty embroidery book, thanks to Debra's suggestion, I found the (Knotted) Loop stitch and could actually understand it.


The same book mentioned a different Hedebo stitch which raised my curiosity, and sure enough, it's a whole type of embroidery from Denmark that's explained here.
I wasn't too keen on adding beads to my blocks, but took the plunge anyway. Now Sue has one fancy hat, that's for sure.


The Italian Knotted Border stitch worked pretty well on Sue's sleeve, but with regular embroidery thread the knots were kind of far apart so I added some contrasting french knots.  I think Sue's mother will be horrified to see what she's doing in her party dress.....

11 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Way to up the ordinary into the extraordinary!!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

As the year has progressed I think we're all getting bolder. Love Sue's hatband and her sleeve looks so pretty.

Suztats said...

Now, I always think there should be plenty of fancy bits on a party dress! Sue's sleeve looks so pretty and lacy. Love the hat bling! Just the kind of hat to wear with a party dress.

Judy S. said...

Thanks!

Judy S. said...

But wait'll you see what she's doing!

Judy S. said...

But, she's not partying, or maybe she has been?

Cy said...

Lovely stitching. Sue, in her Sunday best hat and dress, is up to some mischief I think. Can't wait to see what you do in those hearts on the hat.

Judy S. said...

I can't either. ;-} They're on her skirt and something else also.......

cq4fun said...

So cute! Now I'm anticipating whatever it is Sue is doing in her fine dress and fancy hat!

ladyhawthorne said...

Anticipation!!!!!!! Just what is Sue up to? Such pretty embellishments, she better not be getting it all dirty playing in the mud!

Judy S. said...

Time will tell........