October 14, 2012

Cy - CQJP block 9 update


My September block (block number 9) is still not completed yet, but the end is in sight now though.




The blue braid treatment.
 I love the intense stitching and concentration needed to get this braided stitch to go around 'the bend' like this. It took an absolute age to stitch.
 I added the brighter blue chain stitch edges to a braid stitch from Mary Corbet's website.




Bead embellishing done on a previous weeks TAST stitch


A little triangular decoration for an area that didn't need much embellishing.


This is the crochet scallops edging I 'invented' and created for this block.


TAST Hebedo stitch with ribbon and beads. 
Photo is a bit dull, sorry it doesn't show the stitching too well.

The TAST stitch of the week - the knotted loop stitch - I will have to catch up with next week as I ran out of time, and energy, this week.


Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

I like the ribbons coming off your hedebo edging--that's a fun adaptation.

I can (and cannot) believe you worked that braid! Holey Moley! How spectacular!

Carol Neale-Broughton said...

The lime green and turquoise makes a really interesting seam treatment and those crocheted scallops are like lovely little shells, but I'm struggling to describe your blue braid and can only imagine the time and patience required, its certainly a wow factor for your block.

ladyhawthorne said...

Wow! You have certainly been busy. All those seam treatments are fantastic and I'm with Debra, I like the addition of the ribbons.

Suztats said...

I love the crocheted scallops, and the braid, the triangles, and the ribbons on the beaded hedebo.....heck, I love the whole thing!

cq4fun said...

What a wonderful collection of stitching! I love the way each one looks, and from here they are just perfect!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

More great stitching Cy! I wish I could comment directly under each of your seam treatments because I have to keep going back so I don't overlook anything. Wonderful job on the braid. The chain stitching along the edges grounds it nicely and adds dimension. The inclusion of beads on green stitching gives it a new look. Love your 'invented' crochet scallops are very creative as is the inclusion of ribbon on the beaded hedebo seam. You always take things to the next level.

Cy said...

Thanks Debra, I didn't get the curve right on the left-hand side of that braid, but hey, I'm not perfect [big wink]

Cy said...

Thanks Carol. I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to intense stitching projects, lol.

Cy said...

Just a little tip of mine here.... by adding the ribbons I increased the 'impact' of the seam treatment, haha.

Cy said...

Haha, many thanks Suz.

Cy said...

Lol, not quite perfect from here though. Photos can be very forgiving.

Cy said...

Thank you Connie. I'm Free-Form through and through.